You’ve seen the gorgeous photo spreads in magazines of picture-perfect homes. This is home staging at its finest. But what is staging and why does it matter to home sellers in Metro Atlanta?
Here’s everything you need to know.
What is Staging?
Home staging is the process of making your home appear more visually appealing. It is usually done through rearranging furniture, adding décor and removing clutter. The process of staging helps attract potential buyers and allows them to picture themselves living in your home.
How to Stage a Home
- Move Furniture – rearranging the furniture can create Feng Shui, a layout that makes way for energy flow. Homes with Feng Shui feel more natural and spacious and tend to rake in higher selling prices.
- Clean – the importance of cleaning your home cannot be overstated. Clean until you can’t clean anymore. If necessary, hire professional cleaners to get the place sparkling. Nothing deters potential buyers like bunches of hair in the shower drain or sticky, grimy walls.
- Eliminate Clutter – the longer you’ve lived in your home, the more time you’ve had to accumulate stuff. Reduce the amount of stuff in each room drastically to eliminate clutter and make each room feel bigger and more open. Even the most spacious home can feel small and crowded when it’s filled with stuff.
- Paint – Whether the walls just need a little touch-up or the whole house needs some attention, a fresh coat of paint can work wonders in the appearance of your home. Stick with classic neutral paint colors like white and grey, and avoid anything too polarizing.
- Add Homey Touches – some new throw pillows and a rug can do wonders to transform a room. Add a plant in the corner and hang a simple piece of art and you’re on your way to staging perfection.
Is Home Staging Necessary?
In the age of COVID-19, a vast majority of home searches start online. If your house isn’t staged well enough to make it stand out among other home listings, it can be easily overlooked. According to the National Association of Realtors, nearly 40% of home buyers shopping online were more willing to go see a staged home in-person.
Staging is key to selling homes that might otherwise go stagnant on the market. Staging draws buyers from online listing photos and makes the home look like it belongs in a magazine. You’d be hard pressed to find a buyer who doesn’t want a clean, beautiful home.
Patriot Home Buyers Will Buy Your House
Are you thinking of selling but the prospect of home staging feels overwhelming and unattainable? Patriot Home Buyers is here to help. We buy homes in any condition with no need for staging, decluttering, or even cleaning.
It’s as easy as filling out the information form on our website and we’ll contact you with a fair, all cash offer within a few days. We can close on any day of your choosing with no need for costly fees or realtor commissions. We buy homes in Metro Atlanta, Georgia, and the surrounding Fulton County area. Contact us today to get your offer!