When selling a house, you want to put your best foot forward to attract as many potential buyers as possible. That’s where home staging comes in.
Staging a home is a method of decorating that allows your home to appeal to a broad amount of people. There are many ways to stage a home, but here are some of the best home staging tips in 2020.
- Remove the Personal Touches – Imagine you’re a prospective buyer, and you walk into a home that is plastered with family portraits on every wall. You’ll probably have a hard time picturing yourself and your family in that space that is so clearly designed for someone else. When staging your home, consider replacing family pictures with simple art prints and removing things like toothbrushes and hair accessories from the bathroom counters. The goal in home staging is to make your home appeal to the masses, and that’s much easier to do when the fridge isn’t covered in wedding invitations and your child’s artwork.
- Focus Staging on Specific Rooms – To minimize the amount of work you do when staging, focus on the rooms that are of most interest to buyers. According to the National Association of Realtors, you will get way more bang for your buck when you focus your efforts on the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom. Spend less time on the rooms that don’t make much of a difference, like spare bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Wide Open Spaces – The more open space in a home, the better. Spend some time tidying up cluttered counters and corners, and consider rearranging your furniture to create as much of an open layout as possible. Remove any extra or oversized furniture pieces and put them in storage since smaller furniture makes the space in your home feel more spacious.
- Light it Up – While dark rooms feel cold, lonely, and sad, bright and light rooms feel cheerful and warm. Open all the blinds and curtains to let in as much natural light as possible, and turn on all the lights before someone comes in to see your house. Letting in more light makes the rooms seem bigger and will make your home feel more welcoming to buyers.
- Clean and Repair – Before you sell your house, it’s time to scrub your home from top to bottom. Wash the walls, get the carpets cleaned, clean out all your cupboards and appliances and give some extra focus to the bathrooms. Make sure to clear out anything that smells bad and fill your home with clean scents. Patch up any holes in the walls, touch up paint and repair any damages to the home. These steps are a little more work but will help your home stand out among the competition to potential buyers.
Don’t Feel Like Staging Your Home? Sell to Patriot Home Buyers Instead!
Home staging works wonders when selling a home, but it is also expensive and time-consuming. If you’re looking to sell your home in Metro Atlanta, Georgia, but don’t have the time or cash to stage your home for a traditional sale, Patriot Home Buyers is here to help! We will buy your home as-is, no staging required. We won’t even ask you to vacuum the floor. Contact us for your all-cash offer today!